Our extensive volunteer services and community partnerships offer something for everyone. Volunteering is a great way for people to make a difference in their community, connect with others, and develop new skills. We take a holistic approach to identifying the skills, talents, and interests of those wishing to volunteer. This ensures that volunteer arrangements meet the expectations of our clients and provide a valuable, sustainable service to the community.
Volunteering is a great way for people to make a difference in their community, connect with others, and develop new skills.
As part of the preparation for placements, clients can attend workshops designed to facilitate:
- Understanding the volunteer roles and responsibilities
- Overcoming personal challenges to participation
- Interpersonal skills in communication, problem-solving, self-advocacy
- Practical skill development
Where appropriate, volunteers are also offered practical on-site support including peer support, to adjust to their volunteer environment. This can be done with an aim to gradually fade support so that volunteers are independent in their community. Volunteers can participate in addition to their employment situation, as an alternative to employment, or to gain skills that may lead to employment.
While our services are designed to focus on the interests of the volunteer, we also work as “community connectors” serving to benefit the wider community in providing skilled and talented volunteers, supporting local economic growth, and in celebrating the diversity of our community.
- Cosmos Celebrates 40 Years
- Students Raise Funds For Children’s Hospital
- A Reflection on Cosmos Past Year of Sexuality Education
- Safeguarding is at the Forefront of Everything We Do!
- Moving Ahead