Career services at Cosmos are designed to help people gain the skills, knowledge, and training to successfully compete in todays’ ever-changing labour market. We offer thirty years of experience in supporting job seekers, employers and industry leaders through our innovative and flexible training programs. Most importantly, our client’s on-going success speaks for itself.
We currently deliver a number of government funded programs which offer unemployed, under-employed, and marginally employed Albertans the opportunity to gain on-the-job training and employment in a range of industries and roles. Our extensive partnerships with businesses and cross-industry leaders affords our clients the competitive edge in launching their new careers.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-Employment & Career Transition Assessments
- Career Coaching Plans
- Career Development & Life Skills Courses
- Professional Development Portfolios
- Resume Development
- Job Search & Free Internet Access
- Occupational-specific Courses
- Employment Placement
- Transitional Supports
- Employer/Employee Mediation
- Follow-up Support
- Referral Network for health, social, housing, and income sourcing
Our Career Coaches focus on all aspects of employment services and we offer a range of industry-specific and on-the-job training. Participants who attend our Employment & Career Development courses will receive a certificate. Additionally, we also offer a range of Life Skills courses which can be taken as part of our ongoing services.
Our career assessment strategies are designed to consider both career development needs and life skills; enabling us to identify areas where life circumstances can present a barrier to employment. We take a holistic approach to ensure success and will support clients to access additional community resources including child care, housing, and transportation.
Whether you are new to the workforce, want to take your skills to the next level, or changing careers, we offer a one-stop solution to your employment needs.
- Cosmos Celebrates 40 Years
- Students Raise Funds For Children’s Hospital
- A Reflection on Cosmos Past Year of Sexuality Education
- Safeguarding is at the Forefront of Everything We Do!
- Moving Ahead